You have Now Entered The Hakuna Matata site..... Have A Great Day & Enjoy!!!!!


Saturday, February 7, 2009

Siew Ting's culture


An amulet- one of the things that represent my culture. Every 8th or 9th day of Chinese New Year, my grandmother will go to the temple to ask "Poh Teoh Pek"(medium) about my family fortune on that year. Usually, my grandmother will ask me to write down my family member name, age and address for her to take to temple for asking purpose. The medium will look at the particulars and let my grandmother know our fortune one by one. Furthermore, she will also take along our T- shirts for stamping and we have to wear it to look for safety. Last year, the medium said that i have bad luck and will have a car accident. So, he drew an amulet and ask me to keep in wallet to avoid evil. I also told that not to sit or step accross the amulet because it show not respect to the god. The amulet that show in the photo is made of cloth. There are also have paper amulet that usually burn and put in water to drink. Although it is the thing that represent my culture, I feel that it is unhygien to drink the amulet water.

No comments:

Post a Comment